iPhone and I pictured together, in happier days.

Latest skirmishes in iPhone v. Pamela:

Eric was in India, and he was feeling out of shape because he has not been able train much since the end of June, and none at all in the last three weeks.  So, he texts me about a work success he had, and I typed, “Woo HOOOO!”  iPhone sent him, “Woo HIPPO!”

I was a judge in a debate tournament recently.  The debate judging freaked me out a little, because I had never competed in Cross Examination and was afraid I’d have to judge it.  After getting my assignment for round one,  I texted Eric, “I’m doing PROSE, awesome, that’s what I did in high school, so easy.”  iPhone sent, “I’m doing ORGIES, awesome, that’s what I did in high school, so easy.”

Previous saboteur texts from iPhone to Eric:  Say My Name, Say My Name.

I really need to get a Droid.

38 Responses to My iPhone is a Beast.

1. LMAO! You do need a droid…or a blackberry.

Not only that, but my speaker doesn’t work without headphones anymore, and my LCD has a sunburst. It’s time. But the damn thing is pretty entertaining…

LMAO!! Thank god Eric has a sense of humor!!! Not sure my husband would have taken either of those that lightly!!

I KNOW! Seriously, I have another post on this of all the times it has put men’s names in my texts, ALWAYS when he travels. It’s insane. I’d swear my iPhone is a jealous teenage girl ;).

3. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by PamelaFaganHutchins, PamelaFaganHutchins. PamelaFaganHutchins said: My iPhone is a Beast.: http://wp.me/pQZZA-z7 […]

4. Hahaha! I love my Iphone but it never allows me to curse. I try to say sh*t and it writes shot. I guess it’s supposed to keep our vulgarity in check…

5. Anna Dawes says:

I think your iPhone has a good sense of humor. I would just run with it. 🙂 I’m still laughing about those orgies, how did they do? LOL

She keeps saying its the phone, I am beginning to wonder. HAH
    It is definitely entertaining! its all good though.

7. Hahahahaha – Stick with the iPhone. So much more fun 🙂

Ive been tempted to turn off auto-correct, but it tickles me to see what iPhone comes up with. She seems to want to sabotage my relationship with my husband!

Hmmm. Maybe your iPhone knows you better than you know yourself. Or worse – have you ever seen the movie Christine… about the car????? Be afraid. Be very afraid. E is a hunk, after all. Whatever you do, don’t let her know you might consider fixing her, replacing her, or turning off her auto-correct. If she learns that, there is no telling WHAT will happen!! (Cue scary music)

9. adena says:

I feel you. My iPhone is the reason my friends all think that “I think” I’m from ‘the hood’. In an odd turn while attempting to type what I thought was ‘honey’ to one of my girlfriends my iPhone auto correct changed it to ‘homey’. It also turns the “F*” word into ‘duck’ which isn’t always a bad thing unless I’m attempting to ‘sext’ with a guy, in that case it just looks bad on me, “Hey homey, wanna duck?”. (you know I’m kidding right)

PS – love the pic, yer so purty!!!

10. Pamela says:

Once you go Droid…

I always laugh when I see the Pamela Hutchins comments that aren’t me, and I have to think about who the heck has my password this week, because I gave it to someone ELSE yesterday who is helping me on my site transition — but by the droid comment, I know this to be CHRISTINA THE SNOWCONES UTICONE 🙂 I totally need the droid.

11. Too funny Pamela! And I love the part about “that’s what I used to do in high school”!! Combined with the orgies, it makes for a great childhood! 🙂

I hate the auto-correct too. It’s always fixing the wrong words, or correcting words that I don’t want fixed…like others have said. Maybe the Droid will be better?

man, wouldn’t that have been an interesting childhood????? 😉

i am going to have to replace iphone soon, not just b/c she is a beast, but because she is about to breathe her last breath. i’ll let you know on the droid!

12. Jen says:

This made me laugh out loud! I’ve had “oopsies” with my iPhone, too!

I think they’re an alien race that is going to take over the world — like, it’s not an oopsie, but part of a master plan..of…something 😉

13. Layla says:

Ha! My iPhone has said some crazy things, too. However, it has never typed “ORGIES.” Yet.

14. Grandma Nina says:

Hi Pam,
    Thanks for your comments. So glad you found me on SITS and it’s so nice to meet you. You look so pretty in your suit, as I sit here in sweat clothes and feeling so glad that I can’t be seen.
    Anyway, I have this problem with my phone all the time. I even have little fingers and still hit wrong keys. Then I accidently make “butt” calls as I heard them called, when the phone is in my purse and the purse hits my hips in just the right place and the phone inside sends a call to one of my contacts. How can my butt make the calls easier than my little finger!

15. susiekline says:

My Droid does the same thing! Last week I tweeted that I “feel like kaka.” It sent “I feel like Kalamazoo.” Not sure an entire city feels that bad! lol

xo Susie

ps How WAS the orgy?! 😉

It was so good it short circuited my mind and I can’t even remember it!
      However, I do recall judging prose, cross examination and lincoln douglas for 9 hours with a stomach virus — the kids were awesome, and I thought I was going to DIE 🙂

16. Pamela says:

Here’s a bunch more comments from this post when it was hosted on the old blog:

Thanks, Khara. I put you in my RSS feed so I’ll be reading along with you! I’m @pameloth on twitter, too. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Pamela

OK, i’m making a note of Samsung! It may save my marriage ha ha.

Pamela

I haven’t across that yet (just went and read your blog). I’m sure I’ll get to screw that up soon, too, though.

I have secretly feared that the iPhone is taking over my mind. But, ORGIES? 🙂 I missed out on that one. iPhone and I apparently have a rich fantasy life!

Pamela
    In reply to life in a pink fibro.

Ugh, I have been known to cause trouble for myself 😉

Excellent about twitter chatting — I look forward to it!

Pamela

What is it that they say about these things being intuitive??? Perhaps there’s something going on deep in your mind…

Great to meet you via my blog. Am not doing NaNo this year, though have done in the past. Am halfway through a ms and thought I’d focus on that for now. Good luck if you’re doing it. Will find you on Twitter and follow so we can ‘chat’!
    life in a pink fibro
    I don’t have predictive text any more, but I blogged a little while ago about the new kind of mistakes my phone makes on my behalf (http://blog.rachelcotterill.com/2010/03/relearning-handwriting.html) I wonder whether your iphone has a secret tap into your brain… 😉

Rachel Cotterill
    Oh no!!! Though it is rather funny. My boyfriend’s iphone changes his stuff all the time too. I am quite happy with my samsung!

Tamela

You’ll know to take precautions up front!

Pamela

I might be getting an iPhone in the spring, it’s good to be on the look out for this tomfoolery!
    bigteethclouds@gmail.com
    Joey @ Big Teeth & Clouds

Exactly 🙂

Pamela

Technology. Gotta love it. Gotta hate it…

Linda

That is fantastic! How does that even happen? Sounds like a well executed prank. Thank you for coming over to my blog! You seem like you’re doing all the things I wish I was! Can’t wait to read more of your blog!
    Khara

Seemed to work pretty well, Adena. I think you should run with it 😉

Pamela

Pamela
    Maybe you have to have one first Or maybe not Since I DIDN’T 🙂

Pamela

In reply to Grandma Nina.

That’s funny about the butt calls. My husband makes them all the time. He always tells me it’s because his butt loves me.

17. Elle says:

That’s too funny. Orgies in high school were easy. 😉 I have the Droid and the auto-correct drives me crazy. These smart phones aren’t too smart after all. 🙂

18. Nikkolish says:

I’m seriously cracking up! My iphone also hates me, but I can’t say it has ever sent “orgies” to anyone. The ones that make me curse are “Bette” instead of “better,” and “Noe” instead of “now.” Seriously…who the hell are Bette and Noe and why the hell does my iPhone assume that anyone actually has those names in 2010? Sheesh!