If this were just an alligator and a woman, it'd be perfect.

Today can bite me; thank God it is nearly over.  Well, technically it ended nearly an hour ago, but it isn’t over over, because I’m stretching it past the witching hour tonight.

What, you may ask, is my big frickin’ problem? Well, we have a 3/5 rule regarding our kids. At any given time, three of the five, regardless of age, will implode, and two will impersonate angels.  On rare occasions we’ll luck out and enjoy a short 2/5 period.  Less rare but still infrequently, we suffer through a 4/5.  We’ve never had to endure a 5/5.

Today was a 4/5 day.  Eric flew to Tampa at the request of his oldest , so I am solo with 2 of the 3 remaining miscreants.  A side effect of 4/5 days is that our rosy outlooks usually crumble under the onslaught.  Today was no exception.  So if you count Eric and I falling apart, we’re really have a 6/7 day.  *Holy crapoly*

The day started out super fine, for me (and it is all about me).  I made a friend IRL. My new laptop rocks.  I finished the Annalise rewrites.  I landed a big new project which means $$$ but I only have to manage the work, not perform it.  MY FAVORITE KIND!  I knew I was on shakey turf, though, because of the implosion of Eric’s kids, and, yep, here we are at midnight, and I was annoyingly right, like always.

For those of you that have secretly hated me for having a nearly perfect life, I have tried to tell you that appearances can be deceiving, but nobody ever listens to me.  Trust me, if I wrote this blog anonymously, the stories I would tell about our family would have you gloating and chortling.  “Their kids are way worse than ours!”  “She never gets out of her pajamas, even to shower!”  “Her husband is wicked sarcastic!”  “They really do want to kill Clark!” “Woo hoo!”  🙂

But on to the good news.  Nope, not good news for me.  Good news for YOU.

With every EMAIL subscription to Road to Joy in November, you will receive a free e-book of my (multiple) award winning debut novel, Leaving Annalise.  If you are already a subscriber and want a copy, I’m a softie so please email me: pamela@pamelafaganhutchins.com.  If you are not yet a subscriber, well, don’t just sit there playing with yourself (I swear my father still says this to my brother and me), enter your email over on the right hand column of this screen.  Then forward me your final confirmation, via email, and I will email you the book.

Easy greasy.  No excuses not to enter.

Off to count sheep.  Alone.

Pamelot.

20 Responses to It’s been a sucky day, and it’s not over, but I have good news anyway.

1. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by PamelaFaganHutchins, PamelaFaganHutchins. PamelaFaganHutchins said: New post — It's been a sucky day, and it's not over, but I have good news anyway: #giveaway #ebook #subscribers http://t.co/uXEDLOd […]

2. Pamela says:

As a testament to how sucky the day was, I can’t even get paragraph breaks to work in this post. If anyone knows how to force them, please share. I’m self-hosted wordpress, and this is my first post using it.

Today is going to rock. I can feel it.

On mine I use in between paragraphs and before and after pictures (on the html part). If someone tells you how otherwise, please tell me. It’s like I have to write my post twice – once in real time then switch over and “fix” the paragraphs on html.

Today IS going to rock. It’s 30 degrees here (what?) but I just KNOW yours is going to be the BEST day ever. I know ’cause we’re magic – I keep following you in comment sections all over the blogspehre. Literally. So no dogs biting you in the bootie. No bad news. No snarky kids. No sarcastic hubby (I got one too sometimes). NO problems – just smooth sailing.

Well I can see that html code didn’t “show up” – I’ll email it to you. Grrrr.

5. Heidi Dorey says:

The HTML tag for a paragraph break is…

type your paragraph here and at the end put in

Most HTML has to be “closed” at the end of the command
    otherwise it’ll just keep on doing what you asked it to so.
    Remember…computers are big calculators…very not smart.

“(multiple) award winning debut novel”….ah, you do remember. 😉

6. Heidi Dorey says:

Oh, no!
    The system saw my HTML tags and USED them!

I’ll put spaces in between…trick it.

words here

Take out spaces

7. Heidi Dorey says:

Ahhhh! It’s like a nightmare.
    Don’t even post this, Pam!

8. Pamela says:

Heidi, you’re making me laugh so hard my stomach hurts.

9. Pamela says:

Hey, see what I did, y’all? Nan emailed me the html, and I put it in, and it worked. I’m so smaaahhhhhtt. Today WILL rock 🙂

Thanks, Nan and Heidi

Heidi, I was thinking of you when I put in “(multiple) award winning” and my thought was If I don’t put that in, Heidi will kick my ass. And she’s scary. My fingers couldn’t get it in fast enough.

• Heidi Dorey says:

LOL…you kill me!
      That’s right. I would have to kick your ass.
      In fact, I would have gone “Matrix” on you. 😉

Your humility is awesome, but sometimes
      you just gotta lean back and go, “Damn I’m good.”

10. Nikkolish says:

Yay for figuring out the HTML. I swear I feel like a moron sometimes when I’m outsmarted by a computer. Thankfully, I have a computer nerd husband who can normally help me out. Ha!

I think it’s only fair that you have a 1/5 day soon to make up for the 4/5 day. But then if controlling our kids was that easy you would have all 0/5 days. *sigh* Kudos to you for making it through your days with 5 kids. I have 1 and some days I can barely manage her!

For the record, I’m digging the new design. =]

11. Heidi Milton says:

A. Rock on, P.
    B. This too shall pass.
    C. Nano starts tonight…

In other words, TAKE HEART!!

12. Christina says:

I’d invite you for coffee at our fave coffee shop on Westheimer only it BURNED DOWN LAST NIGHT. Yep, Agora went up in flames, along w/ the antique store next door. 🙁

Email me Annalise please! If it’s any consolation, after a day of volunteering and feeling great about ourselves as people in general we came home and were reminded what crap (dog) parents we are. Sandy ate an entire plate of brownies we’d left on the counter, well within reach, even for a dog with a bad back leg.

SIGH.

NO IT DID NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
      Oh no!!

I’m an idiot. I read your comment on iphone, and I only saw the first paragraph!
      OK, I sent you Annalise, but I sent the rtf version instead of the pretty ebook, in case you wanted to make any suggestions.
      Now I know why you sent me an email this morning that Sandy had a sugar hangover. Go Sandy, always choose the healthy alternative.

13. Maria says:

I definitely want a copy. You are so lucky you included all of us…I would have been the first one to complain if I did not get a copy. 🙂

14. Christina says: