Health and well-being, peace, healed hearts, and prosperity for us, plus a few. And an agent for me. That's essentially the world in an oyster. I don't ask for much, do I?

I won’t call them resolutions.  I won’t call them goals.  This year I will pray.  Here are the things I will pray for in 2011:

• I pray for the health and well-being of our kids and parents, and the healing of hearts.
  • I will pray for the health and well-being of my husband and myself, and the time and resolve to meet our athletic training goals.
  • This little recession hit our household when we were property rich and cash poor.  Well, property taxes and expenses continue even when the wallet shrinks.  I will pray, harder than ever, for buyers for our amazing home, rental units , land, and commercial property in Lancaster, SC.  And I’ll throw in praying for resolution to our other large outstanding financial issues while I’m at it.
  • I pray for an agent.  I have two books “finished” and one 2/3 done.   I have to put them aside and focus on my paying job for an indefinite period.  I have a manuscript out with two agents, and queries out with several more.
  • I will pray for peace and “prosperity” (and I do not mean wealth) for our world, but most of all, for those of us “close to home”.
  • I will pray for a peaceful, grateful, forgiving, joyous heart.

My list is short, shorter than 2009, but *oops* longer than 2010.  What are you praying for?  Did you make goals or resolutions for the new year?  I’d love to hear them.

p.s.  My fiction writing may wane, but I will still blog.  And (shhhhh) the blogs are sometimes sorta fictitious.

37 Responses to My prayers for 2011.

I hope they are all answered!
    Irene recently posted..Things You Will Never Hear My Kids or my husband Say

2. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Terri Sonoda and PamelaFaganHutchins. PamelaFaganHutchins said: My prayers for 2011. http://f.ast.ly/9DDK4 […]

3. Heidi Dorey says:

I hope they get answered, too.
    I know the agent thing will.

I pray for an agent.
    I pray for great ideas.
    I pray for my friends prayers to come true.

4. What a great list. You are so deserving of all of this and I know it will all happen for you.

Daryl
    Loving the Bike recently posted..Make it Happen Mondays – Lifting Weights

5. Pamela says:

Thanks, Daryl
    Pamela recently posted..My prayers for 2011

6. Don’t know you personally of course, but from your writings, I believe you already have a peaceful, grateful, forgiving, joyous heart. The rest will happen because you are deserving! What am I praying for? A job is top of the list. And then there’s having more patience, good health for all those I love, and a sense of direction as to where my life is going.

I was just working on an article about the word “resolution” so I really like this post! Remember, the Bible says (paraphrase) “to call things that aren’t, the way you want them to be” – so I agree with you that your properties are SOLD, you have an agent, prosperity (and I mean $$), peace, health, wholeness, meeting goals, healed relationships, and that life just gets better and better! Me? Meeting my weight loss and fitness goals, better organization, finish up several manuscripts, and to be able to give more than ever before. This is going to be THE best year ever.
    LBDDiaries recently posted..A Whole Lotta Real Love

Exactly. I like how the Bible says it, and I believe in life that we are most successful when we focus on what we want to achieve (a positive) than what we want to change (the negative). It’s so much more powerful! And I catch myself all the time doing the opposite in this regard. Must strive toward the positive, must prayer, open my heart, seek peace, seek to BE the person that I want and need to be.

Good luck on your fitness goals, organization, manuscripts, and giving of yourself. I KNOW you will be successful.

Oh yeah, and for you? I pray that you reach the position where you can spend more and more time writing because you are a gifted writer and I want those books published so I can read the sequel. I mean, really, having to wait is so haaaaarrrrrddddd!!!!!
    LBDDiaries recently posted..A Whole Lotta Real Love

Ha 🙂 Well, I got one rejection today out of 20 new queries I sent out. So, I am still searching for that one right agent out there to bring my words to the world. And there are lots more to go. But could you please pray that Rachelle Gardner read my manuscript? She has had it for a few months, she’s very busy, and she is just the kind of positive, ethical person I want to end up with (WordServe Literary). So, drop her name to God a few times for me, will ya?

• Heidi Dorey says:

And that one right agent is looking for you, too.
        It’ll happen.
        It’ll be like those scenes where the two people are
        running in super slo-mo towards each other.
        What’s so funny is the day that you get “the call” and you blog about,
        we are all gonna have a big internet cry together.

• LBDDiaries says:

I will keep it lifted up in prayer – and I agree with Heidi – we gonna rock the internet – jam it with all the “congrats!” to you, very soon.
        LBDDiaries recently posted..A Whole Lotta Real Love

9. Heidi Milton says:

My first prayer is that the prayers of all my friends and family are answered this year (there are many). But beyond that, I pray for continued growth and progress toward financial stability (always a struggle– why is that?). I pray for good health, inspired thinking for my teaching, my writing, and an upcoming new business venture. And I pray for the courage to leave behind whatever is not working and embrace new oceans. I pray also for my marriage to remain as solid, loving, wonderful, and fulfilling as it is today– well, forever (not too much to ask, right?). And last, I pray for peace, prosperity, and human kindness to be modeled for all of our young people, our future leaders, spouses, and parents.

Aren’t you glad you asked? Happy New Year, P! I just know your prayers will be answered, but I pray for patience and faith for you while you wait. Looking forward to much more Road to Joy in 2011. 🙂
    Heidi Milton recently posted..Happy New Year! What I Learned Last Week

10. Helluva good list, Pamela, and you’re a lot more grounded and thoughtful than I. Your list makes mine seem selfish. I did post about mine—I don’t make resolutions, I just set some goals for this year (one of which is already coming to fruition—going to Blissdom). Maybe by this time next year I’ll be able to boast that I have a book written and am seeking an agent?
    erin margolin recently posted..Ten Things Im Willing to Admit to Myself &amp You

11. Pamela-
    I look forward to the day in 2011 when I can say “I knew her before she had an agent.” Admirers will say, “No Way.” I will say, “Yes, way.”

My only goal for myself is to volunteer in some capacity to help our area’s homeless. LT heads a huge program for the police department- I want to help in my small way- This is a big deal for me as I get overwhelmed with taking that first step-
    Thank you for helping me write this out somewhere-

You have become a dear friend, Pamela.

12. Susie says:

I also pray that all your goals are met.

That’s a great list. My goals are simple and I pray for them, too. Some similar to yours – the time and resolve to meet my training goals injury free (which means continuing to overcome this current one!), that my husband finds full time employment (he is a casualty of this economy), that my business grows, that the house he inherited half of in Arkansas sells (finally!), that we keep our heads above water financially, and that my family stays strong and healthy and grounded. I pray that your prayers are answered, as well!
    Ally recently posted..Fresh Start

14. Gunter says:

Pamela, May all your prayers be answered by God in the affirmative. My resolutions for 2011 are: To be kinder and more understanding toward others, and to be more forgiving of myself. I have been blessed with more than I can possibly return to others, but I will try. My writing future is in my hands. If I do what it takes to get publshed, I will succeed.

15. Jenny says:

Damn economy. You have my prayers, Pamela, and I’ll mention Rachelle Gardner often. Are you sure you want a heathen praying for you?!

I pray that the Arizona Cardinals win the Super Bowl next season.

Too much of a stretch you ask? I think not.

Kidding of course, sort of, but I had to drop that one in first or Pamela would suspect this comment was not from me!

When I FINALLY got a few minutes to sit down and catch up on Pamela’s Blog the first thing that came to mind is to pray for more time to write things like this and be supportive. But then I started thinking about what has been keeping me off the (social) computer lately and it has been a wonderful amazing great vacation with Pamela and with various awesome family members over that time, AND that the company I work for has gotten REALLY busy and i am up to my neck in work.

Now those are two huge things so I think this is a case of be careful what you wish for!

Those of you who are used to seeing a lot more of me supporting her on various mediums, just know that it is only good reasons that I am not.

Now here is the real list

1. That I remember to be grateful, and express that in ways that are visible for the wonderful life that I have. I could go on and on about that life but Pamela does it a lot better than I.

2. To do something substantial to help other people outside of our immediate circle, and while that circle comes first by far, I would like to also have a positive impact outside of it.

3. For an agent for Pamela. For recognition for her of her talent. For her to have the courage to face the rejections and waiting, and temper that with knowing how large her audience is and how many people believe in her ability that extend way beyond family and close friends. I am certain that she will be successful, I pray for her to have the strength to continue producing excellent work while she waits for that time to come.

4. For the continued economic recovery of our country. This I believe is the engine that drives so many of the other prayers and wishes. It is what provides the stability, education, freedoms and opportunities for all of us.

5. For the time and health to get back to a higher level of training and participating in athletic events.

6. For the Arizona Cardinals to go to the Super Bowl (sorry I had to)

🙂

Have a great 2011 everyone.

19. My prayers for 2011 are that we will settle in more where we are, whether that is another house or this house. And that my children will turn back to the ONE who has never failed them.