A Poem, y’all, by ME (but not about me)

An Open Request on Valentine’s Day

Excuse me, I’m about to whine

About my lack of Valentine

I think it not too much to ask

For shoulders rugged and tight ass

I’d like it so if he were rich

If not I shan’t be too peevish

I’m just looking for my Rhett

A Romeo’d suffice, no fret

But if there’s none that suits this full

I’d settle for one with a pulse

Don’t call me desperate or a churl

I’m just a Valentineless girl

p.s. I already got mine, and you can’t have him!  😉

16 Responses to An Open Request on Valentine’s Day

1. Awwwww I’m a sucker for a Velentineless poem. Rockin’

2. Pamela says:

Yah mon. Eric hated this one when it was first published inthe Houston Writers Guild February Newsletter. I guess he thinks I am expressing some inner feeling that I have hidden from him. In actuality, I had just written the post “Feeling Rather Querulous” and had looked up synonyms for querulous, and they start lining themselves up into this little ditty. How can you resist words like peevish, fret, and churl? They’re delicious!

Pamela recently posted..Happy Birthday Half Ironman –

you aren’t a desperate churlish girl
    i think that you do have a pearl
    and not a diamond in the ruff
    Ole Eric, he doth have ‘da stuff!

Oh yuck, yuck, yuck. That was just SO bad. I will have to work on it.

4. Sweet Poem, Pamela…..thanks for sending us into the Valentine’s Weekend.

Have a great time with that wild man.

Darryl
    Loving the Bike recently posted..40 Feet

5. ridgely says:

So nice to have a Valentine- not depend on what drops in your valentine bag — you do remember those, correct 😉
    ridgely recently posted..Super Bowl Sunday and Yellow Britches

Ah, yes, and the big decision on whether to give them to EVERYONE or just SPECIAL people, and trying to decide what the hidden coded message was in the one you got from the person you secretly liked. Sweet innocence!

Ain’t you clever!! Very good!
    Irene recently posted..Silence is Golden

7. Pamela says:

You can see where I get my mad poetry skilzzzzzz
    HA
    —–Original Message—–
    From: Pamelot’s DAD
    To: Pamelot
    Sent: Sat, Feb 12, 2011 10:51 am
    Subject: Re: Road to Joy: An Open Request on Valentine’s Day

I gave my sweetie
    A Hawaiian treatie
    Just to say
    Happy Valentine’s Day

I really did!
    D

In a message dated 2/11/2011 11:05:08 P.M. Central Standard Time, pamelafhutchins@aim.com writes:

Road to Joy: An Open Request on Valentine’s Day
    Pamela recently posted..Happy Birthday Half Ironman –

No matter how hard I try I just cannot do this. It is not a skill that I have. oh well.
    And you are right about the first time I read it. 🙂

9. Mrs.Mayhem says:

Excellent word choices in this poem. Glad you’re really not a desperate, valentineless churl.

But what I’m really impressed with is the running stats on your side bar. I astounded you’ve already logged 484 miles, and it’s only mid-February. You go, girl!

10. Grace says:

Can I borrow this? Oh, wait. I forgot. My mother made sure I have a Valentine. I got back to my room on the cruise ship one day last week to find a man in my bed. A 4′ tall inflatable one.

I just wish I’d been around when she went to the sex shop to purchase him.
    Grace recently posted..A Happy Wreck on Duval Street