We had 8th grade graduation last month for our youngest.

Here’s the notable news from our family this last month.

Suz went from earning a call from her principal regarding 32 skipped classes this month last year to winning Outstanding Social Studies Student and Outstanding Symphonic Band Member (flute) this year.  Of course, it isn’t lost on us that you can’t have social studies without the word social, and we’ve always known she shined brightest in the area of all things social.

Clark, age 15, is nearly 6'1" now.

Clark managed to pass all his classes, even given the corner he put himself into with assignments not turned in.  Going into finals, he had an average for the year in two classes of 61 and 64.  He needed an average of 70 to pass.  He made it in both classes.  He fails to see the 30 point gap between his test grades and the average as a gap he needs to close…yet.  He will be performing manual labor this summer, and we are hoping that changes his mind.

PROM!

Liz had a great time at her senior prom.  I swear we took 500 pictures.  Above is a good one.

First dance.

Suz went to her first dance, if you don’t count bah mitzvahs.  She re-created my own first dance experience and danced with no one of the opposite sex.  She had a great time, though.

Surprise!

Clark threw a surprise 16th birthday party for his girlfriend.  I love the look on her face.

Graduation! Even Mama Kitty came.

Liz graduated as a “Texas Scholar” for academic achievement with a distinguished degree for her extra course credits.  She will swim on a dual academic/athletic scholarship for Adams State College in the fall.

Proud and happy.

Are we done yet?  Here are the tired papa/step-dad and mama/step-mom, on Liz’s high school graduation day.

And a few bonus pics:

Parents of Pamelot

That’s all the pictoral news for now from our slightly off kilter family.

Ciao,

20 Responses to Isn’t life — and love — grand?

1. Ann Brennan says:

It is indeed grand. You too must be doing something right but that is not surprising.
    Ann Brennan recently posted..Project API-PRSFit – Week 1

2. Wonderful pictures! And a beautiful month of celebrations. Awesome Pamelot!

Time to exhale. What a month it has been And although I am so happy its slowing down I sure wouldnt trade out anything. Very proud of everybody and grateful to be around to watch it all play out.

When I think of the challenges that so many families face, our bumps in the road are so insignificant.

Haven’t YOU been a busy one!!! Alls well that ends well….so far!

5. Heidi M says:

Great stuff!! Love to celebrate the milestones… hope you can breathe a bit now. 🙂

Wow have you been busy! I know the feeling – when I took May off I had no idea it was going to impact me the way it did. I don’t want to go back to that frentic mode I was in before. But all my kiddies are out of the house – you’re stuffed with action-packed days and handling it beautifully! Your pix are awesome – what a beautiful family – all!
    LBDDiaries recently posted..We’re In This Forever or else

Man, life gets busy. I’m trying to gear up to write and visit and read other people’s blogs this summer. Right now I am just enjoying the down time SO MUCH. I have cut back to two blog posts (from 3) a week. I have held off trying to book more work. I needed (and Eric needed) a break.
      Pamela recently posted..Isn’t life — and love — grand

7. I’m am very impressed with Suz’s progress! That’s awesome that she turned it all around. And takes a little fear out of the ups and downs of parenting. There will always be another up:)
    You look amazing! I kept going back and forth wondering if it was you next to the graduate or her sister. Seriously.

Wow, wow, and wow again! What a proud month for you parents! Seriously, you look like a sister to the girls – you look amazing. And seeing the picture of your parents – they look amazing, too! Good genes and good living & loving!

Such great accomplishments for all the kids. Bask in the pride, Mama.
    Ally recently posted..How Hubs Made A Kids Day

9. Sandy says:

Fantastic family pictures! You guys sure did have a busy month. Both of you must be so very proud of everyone. Congrats on everything.
    Sandy recently posted..The Other Shoe Dropped!

10. Looks like life and love are indeed grand at your place! Lovely family and awesome shots of memorable moments. Thanks for sharing and congrats on all the great news!
    Lisa @ Grandma’s Briefs recently posted..Lisa with an S