Hi y’all.

Good news — next up on the docket is Eric’s PROTEINS blog for weight management and muscle gain.  Until then, enjoy:

My in-law’s 80th birthday party, at the lovely home of Eric’s older brother (it was awesome!):

Sue, Eric, Gene, Pamela

My pre-flight terrors on a plane with only 4 passengers bound for Farmington, NM from Denver:

I was glad to see there was a barf bag in the seat back pocket in front of me.

The amazing double rainbow storm vista from the back of my hotel and over the river, in Farmington:

I didn't manage to catch the lightning too, but what a beautiful sky.

The 6-teenagers and 2-bicycles road trip video, wherein the kids sing to earn Dairy Queen blizzards (yeah, it’s pretty bad):

The 6-teenagers and 2-bikes road trip. (click on the link to go to the short video)

The only news I have is no news: Conceding Grace is still under review by 2 agents, and I am holding off querying her anymore until I get some feedback.  I’ve been slammed with paying work this summer, and I have not written anything.  I hope to carve out writing time soon.  Eric and I just completed week 5 of our 20-week half ironman training program, and all we want is sleep sleep and more sleep!  I love getting stronger again, and the foot is holding up well.  We are two weeks away from a road trip with our 3 youngest kids to take Liz off to college, where she will swim for Adams State in Alamosa, CO.

It’s all good.

Ciao,

18 Responses to Not-a-lotta.

I laugh every time I see that picture of you.
    Man it has been a whirlwind this last month or so, the pace has been incredible including your work all at a time when we are starting to train for a 1/2. Perfect storm. But, it has been fun.

2. SuzRocks says:

Those planes ARE scary. And I know- b/c my husband flies those ones. That specific airline too. (Not many airlines fly into Farmington). Wouldn’t that have been funny if he were your pilot? They also fly into Alamosa, sometimes I will go on his overnights with him, and those flights to Alamosa from Denver are some of the scariest flights I’ve ever been on. I thought I might die.

Our daughter Michelle and I were on a flight from Denver to Alamosa (and back) last year. She is going to go to Adams State and it was here recruiting trip. It was a bit hairy of a flight but it was beautiful!

So all is well on the western front. No news is good news. It’s a good thing~

5. heyo!
    sorry that i have been away so long….sheesh…
    i will be flying on a smallish plane into nashville tomorrow….i will be on the look out for barf bags, too. i have a distinct memory from a childhood flight that the barf bags had places to write in scores from card games on them…odd…..
    anyway, glad to hear that the foot is still good, and i look forward to reading about my favourite macronutrient: PRO!
    be well,
    gene
    gene @boutdrz recently posted..JULY DIY5K

What the heck? Is that daylight around the edges of that wall behind you in the plane? LOL. Looking forward to the protein post! 🙂
    Ally recently posted..The Summer Life Of A Dog

7. LOVE that pic of you on the plane. Also looking forward to the protein and weight management post. I’m hoping to take more control of my health now that I am employed and don’t have those worries. I’m kind of a uni-tasker, sadly.
    LOL
    Theresa Sonoda recently posted..Homework and Housework Avoidance Training

8. Susie says:

Great family picture. I know Gene and Sue were in hog heaven having all their boys and their wives visiting at the same time. That is a mother’s dream.

9. lbddiaries says:

Your not-a-lotta is more than most people’s lotta sumpthang! Love all the pix – beautiful home and people, beautiful freaked chick and beautiful sky! Can’t wait for Eric’s post, too!
    lbddiaries recently posted..The Fun in Dys-Funk-tional