Bean-less.

Best of luck to our middle child as she embarks upon college academics and athletics.

We are one child lighter back in Houston.Β  And a little heavy at heart.

p.s. Happy birthday to our two sons, on the 21st.

29 Responses to Leaving a piece of our hearts in Colorado.

1. —Pamela,
    so bittersweet isn’t it?
    Thinking of you, dear. xx

That’s hard! I remember it well. Sniff sniff, boo hoo. Missing your posts!

3. Been there, sent one off to the Air Force and one to college. They’re grown but they’re still your babies. Hugs, my friend!

4. Heidi M says:

Big cyber ((hug))… I totally feel your pain. This is the new “normal” and I’m not ready for it. :/

5. Ann says:

I am so not looking forward to that day. The good news is you know she is going to love it in Colorado.

6. Susie says:

You work hard to prepare your teenagers to leave the nest then it is gut renching when they actually leave that nest!

SO true Susie!
    Though, I did love the little apt. my son had when he went to tech school for 6 months. He didn’t like it, but I did! I was hoping he’d enjoy the area but ended up back home. Nice try.

It was one of the toughest things that I have ever done, to drive away from there. The facts that it seems like such a great school, that she has already made some wonderful friends, and that the area is so nice, all make it easier, and make me hopeful that she will really love it. But the knowledge that you are too far away to protect them, and that you need to let them solve problems on their own is so tough. I want the experience to be great for her. She deserves it. I hope it will be.

Yes, I believe she will have a great experience. All of us, and all of our kids, bump our knees occasionally, so we have to expect that will happen. But Michelle will do GREAT.

This makes my chest get tight. We just started college tours with our son, and he’s only going to be a junior in high school this year! But the knowledge that in two very short, very fast years we’ll be taking him to college just fills me with bittersweet emotions.

For me the biggest impact is the realization is that you no longer have any real influence. I think as long as they are in your house you feel like you have time to correct mistakes you made. Help them, teach them, spend time with them, show them how important they are. Its the the sound of a door closing, a chapter in your life and theirs, that you can never go back and rewrite.
    Of course, you HAVE to balance that with knowing that they are off on a wonderful adventure of independence, and that you yourself are now free (er) to pursue things that you have postponed.

Of course I know, and I hope that all of our kids know, that they will always have a home with us, and be safe with us.

How do you smile and frown at the same time πŸ™‚ πŸ™ !?!

I empathize and take your word for it — she has lived with me for four years, but i know it is different, very different, when it is the child you raise from infancy. Certainly I have watched you go through this twice now, so I understand the impact it has on you, the sadness, and this time, the closing of the chapter with it being your last child to go off. When the last two (mine) leave, you’ll be dancing a jig πŸ˜‰
      Pamela recently posted..Anything to keep from writing.

I don’t think so

Big hugs! I know it’s tough. XOXO
    JennyBean recently posted..Blogher, pee-pee mishaps and dirty laundry

I’ll pass your big hug on to my big husband. I miss Bean, but he misses not only her but her two older sibs. He’s done. He has only mine to smack around now. And while he loves them, it is just not the same as the ones he raised from babyhood. I have a very very sad husband πŸ™

I am just thankful he hasn’t asked me to become a geriatric mother and give him one more!!!
      Pamela recently posted..A tiny token of my devotion.

THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN!

14. I’m sure she’s about to have a fabulous time – and before you’ll know it she’ll be back for winter break!
    Megan (Best of Fates) recently posted..Destroying a Dresser in 4 Easy Steps (Axe Included)

15. […] Liz got snowed in and her whole team missed their final swim meet before their one-week winter break.Β  We are going […]

16. […] Liz graduated from high school and is on an academic & athletic scholarship in Colorado where she survived her first semester and swam “distance.” […]