Ladies and gentleman, may I have your attention, please?

Introducing the newest member of our family, Petey.

Weighing in at a full 6.5 pounds, Petey is a dead ringer for Dumbo.  We believe he is a Boston Terrier, although we suspect a Chihuahua got in on the action at some point in his lineage.  Petey is 3-months old, and I gave him to Eric after he hinted for only four months.  Eric also tried to snow me into a miniature pot-bellied pig.  He’s going to have to settle for Petey.

We selected a Boston Terrier for their short hair and size, but I looked around to find the perfect CALM and DIMINUTIVE specimen, with the white face and dark body that Eric loves.  Calm was a must — Eric had a Boston Terrorist in his past, and Bowie was the Tazmanian Devil, and an escape artist to boot.  Petey is super calm and a “right champion snuggler,” as they say on “All Creatures Great and Small.

Cowboy the Big Yellow Dog and Layla have almost forgiven us.  Petey is smaller than Cowboy’s head, so we have wooed Cowboy, hoping to make Petey a friend rather than a snack.  We presented Cowboy with a giant yellow squeaky duck and a few treats, and that seemed to get him over the hump.

Petey’s true color is brindle, which means that in bright light you can see lovely ginger and brown background markings in his coat. It is not Petey’s looks, size, hair, or temperament that Eric loves best, though.  Check this out.

Yeah.

Petey’s a bicycling dog.  He LOVES it.

Petey rocks.

Eric’s in love.

Later, all —

p.s. Eric wants everyone to know that, no matter what she thinks, this will never be Susanne’s dog.  He has whispered, “Suz is a big meanie” in Petey’s sleeping ear over and over.  That should do the trick.

23 Responses to May I have your attention, please.

1. Eric’s dog, Petey? The bicycling dog? He rocks. And man, is he cute!!!
    (But our dog, Holy Flying Piranha the Tasmanian Princess? She would eat him with ketchup on top for snack time.)

2. Tracie says:

Petey is so SO SO cute!

I want a little Petey at my house.
    Tracie recently posted..Blog Against Child Abuse – September 2011 Change Edition

3. Eric Hutchins via Facebook says:

PEETY!

Petey ROCKS, That picture is just so HIM. We are gonna have him trained to hang out in the tow behind cart in no time.
    No we just gotta get him not to poop in the house.

Cowboy and Layla get to sleep up there with Petey, right? LOL
    Way too cute! 🙂
    Ally recently posted..High School Dreams

Ha! Cowboy is way too big and sheds horribly. In their dreams. Altho I do feel bad about it. But they go on long runs and walks that petey won’t go on.

6. Rebecca Nolen says:

What a wonderful puppy. He reminds me of Big Boy’s baby pictures. Of course, Big Boy is not little. We have a new addition to our family that isn’t a canine. And can not ride a bike yet. More on that later.

7. Omgoodness, that is the cutest video I have seen in quite some time! That little Petey is adorable. Kinda makes me wanna get a puppy. They have the sweetest little disposition. I just don’t want to do the potty training!
    Wild Child Mama recently posted..I Was a Nude Dancer

8. Good thing you mixed the pot belly pig – a full grown pot-bellied pig can be anywhere from 100 to 250 pounds – so it would have been bigger than Cowboy before long! Your Petey looks like he’s posing for that bed pix. That look! “I’m too sexy for my fur, to sexy for my fur, so sexy it hurts…. looove me!”
    nan @ LBDDiaries recently posted..The Loves of My Life

9. –Petey Sweet ROooooCKS, Man. X
    My Inner Chick recently posted..Soaking Inside The Excess Of Vegas

10. I want a little doggie. Petey is very cute. I am happy you found a calm Petey. I didn’t know they made calm in little dogs. Enjoy Samantha’s…..er, I mean Eric’s new biking buddy!

Theresa you are so right!

12. […] quickly Eric’s little Boston Terrier has become the canine love of my life.  It took, what, one week?  I knew I loved him madly, but I […]