I have absolutely zip to say to y’all today. That’s why I’m doing something random I’ve never done. That, and because my runner-writer-triathlete-wife-mommy friend Ann Brennan (of Ann’s Running Commentary and Beyond Limits Magazine ) asked me to in her piece, “Things You Didn’t Know.” That and because I didn’t have time to write an original post right now because work is kicking my butt.

Me, the queen of oversharing, will regale you today with eleven new and useless pieces of information about my favorite topic: ME.

Yes, you’re welcome.

Ann asked:

1. Who was your favorite teacher and why?

Gary Biggers, junior year English teacher. He didn’t take my crap and he pushed me. I became a writer in his class.

2. What were your sports of choice when you were younger?

Distance running and basketball. Does cheerleading count as a sport?

3. What did you want to be when you grew up?

Madonna. If not Madonna, I’d settle for training Shamu.

4. What profession did you ultimately end up in and why?

Attorney, which morphed into HR professional and consultant/business owner, and ultimately became coach/writer/public speaker. Because I didn’t want to wear a pointy bra and I get sea sick just looking at water.

5. What is the single most important thing you think parents should teach their children?

Responsibility.

6. When you run, what is the one thing your mind turns to the most often?

The guy running one step behind me and to the right. No, he’s not a stalker. His name is Eric, and I married him six years ago.

7. What is your favorite book and how many times have you read it?

I don’t re-read (at least not on purpose). As a child, my favorites were Black Beauty, Heidi, Call of the Wild, Old Yeller, Where the Red Fern Grows, and Cheaper by the Dozen. Also, all the Little House on the Prairie Books. As an adult, I go through authors like water. My all time faves: Larry McMurtry, Elizabeth George, Robert Penn Warren, Pat Conroy, Patricia Cornwell, (I guess I should stop now?) . . .

8. If you could only pick one movie to watch for the rest of your life what would it be?

Love, Actually.

9. Are you more comfortable in the city or the country?

Nowheresville, USA, baby!

10. If you had the option of spending three months of the year in another place, where would you choose?

I think the correct answer is Oquossic, Maine, because that’s where my husband would choose, and I wouldn’t want to be anywhere he wasn’t.

11. What is your all time favorite museum to visit?

National Art Gallery. It blisses me out.

There are apparently rules to this randomness, so I hereby tag 11 other blogger writers to join the fun, and I recommend you, dear readers, check them out, after you go read Ann:

My compatriot in vomit-inducing love, Nan and her Little Black Dress Diaries

Ethereal and practical by turns, but always spiritual, writer and poet Maryleigh and her Blue Cotton Memory

Crusader with a side of sass, Kim’s Inner Chick

Julie, a positive woman whose husband is a renal transplant survivor, writes as Just Jules

Heidi, a bookophile and home interior specialist, who has a Mind That Never Stops

My beloved Jenny Bean, who went to the “bank” to become a mommy, and suddenly lives in a testosterone-rich environment w/2 sons and her Papa

Sandy, who lost her husband and bravely shares her journey through widowhood and BEYOND

Everything from aging to zebras, that’s Terri’s Little Corner

A long lost soul sister? Ally of Two Normal Moms

I’ve just started reading the heart wrenching and funny Jennifer at Kvetch Mom

Writer and re-creator of old houses, Rebecca Nolen

And why have I tagged my poor friends here? Because I am asking them to join in the over-revealing and answer these eleven questions (edit the questions as you see fit, my friends, and forgive for the tag, as I know not what I do) for the great unseen stalking masses on the internet. Thanks, ladies.

I’ll be back with original irreverence and TMI soon.

TTFN

p.s. Madonna ROCKED the Super Bowl Half Time. I saw her concert in 1990 in Dallas at the now-dust Cowboy’s Stadium. It was an incredible show.

31 Responses to Like a virgin.

1. i love your answer to #5. and no, cheerleading does not count as a sport. sorry……(IMHO, as i prepare for the onslaught of hate mail…..)
    Gimme a “P”!
    Gimme an “A”!
    Gimme an “M”!

2. Jennifer says:

Hooray to teachers like Gary Biggers. Thank goodness you are writer because you crack me up! I love visiting here even when I get to the bottom of the page and gasp! I’ve been tagged! Must you add fuel to the oversharer’s fire? 😉
    Jennifer recently posted..Jeans: A Loathe Affair

3. Thanks. Just, umm, thanks. I just posted today so it will have to wait a day or two but thanks. Really. I am trying to sound sincere here. Did I accomplish it? Maybe I can come over to your house and show you a real BLAM? Right upside your head?

Not hate mail; enlightening perhaps. #1 commentor obviously NEVER had to do ( without stopping) a backward flip, turn it into a forward flip, into a roundoff that ended in splits. Or been the short girl who always had to stand at the top of the pyramid then flip her way off it. Or bounce on the toes, be active, yell, bouncy bouncy bouncy for TWO FRICKING HOURS without a break. Think that comes without massive tons of exercise and practice? Just like the big boys? Think again. Yea, it is a sport. And I understand it is even more brutal today than it was back then, especially with the competitions. They do things today that defy gravity in ways we never dreamed of. And people die because it is far more dangerous in the drive to be better and do more impossible feats. Just like the big boys.
    nan @ lbddiaries recently posted..Romance In Real Life

4. Ann says:

Thanks for taking the challenge. I actually enjoyed writing mine. As a mom, I spend so much time thinking about others I seldom analyze what I love about life so it was kind of fun.

5. Terri Sonoda says:

Hi Pamela. I was surprised to see you do a list but loved it, nonetheless. And? I don’t do very many of these things anymore, but because YOU put my name on the list, I will indeed, participate. At the very least, folks can visit my blog when they can’t get to sleep. It may send them to ZZZzzz-land. LOL Anyhooo, have a super weekend. I’m just coming off a sickly virus or something of which I must have lost 5 pounds. TMI? Sorry. LOL Hugs!
    Terri Sonoda recently posted..Sara’s Sleep Part 4

6. I loved this post and was going to copy it anyways. Thank you for calling me a friend and tagging me. I am so blessed to know you and Eric. It’s funny when you meet some people and just instantly “click”.

Things about you:

I could see you being Madonna
    Love that you adore Eric like I adore Marty. A good man behind you pushing you forward to be a better you.

Love Actually is now my favorite Christmas movie. Something about a floppy haired Hugh Grant drives me mad. Shh…don’t tell Marty.

I love books too!

Now I must run off and post this lovely on my blog.
    Julie (@MomCycFan) recently posted..You Know What They Say

7. Eric says:

I thought these were really great. Even though I think I would have done pretty good guessing it is still fun to here you say them, and the WAY you say them. And I hope you did not say Maine JUST because of me.

8. Eric says:

And Gene is wrong, but, he is a good guy so we can let him get away with it.

9. Sandy Webb says:

Well, I totally disagree with the person who says cheerleading is not a sport! It is obviously coming from someone who was not a cheerleader. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though.

I NEVER do the the list thing, but since you asked so nicely I will do it. Besides the questions were corny like many of them are. Besides, thanks for the shout out 🙂
    Sandy Webb recently posted..These Are the Good Ole Days

LOL I hate these damn things, i truly do. You are a good sport. There was a little deveil on my shoulder that told me, oh, just do it Pamela, and well, I did. 🙂

10. Rebecca Nolen says:

I love that you love “Love, Actually”, too. And also because you mentioned my name. Whoo Hoo! P.S. The garage apartment in the back yard is almost done and my daughter and grandchild are moving in and that is SO COOL! You have to come see what is happening here.

Oh, I want to! Invite me and I’ll come!

I love Love Actually. I love the Notebook too. I am sappy that way 🙂

I’ve thought of more favorite authors though, and I feel guilty for excluding them. Like, duh, Steven King.
      Pamela recently posted..Running out of time.

11. Sandra Tyler says:

Well, hard to resist following some else who is “screwing” up their kids – or at least will admit to it:)) . Found you via Jules who reposted you after reading you on twitter, something like that. I’m tweet constantly so maybe I’ll be discovered too! Laughs here. Will return.

12. Eric says:

Pamela Hutchins is my favorite author, Just Sayin.

13. Heidi M says:

I can’t NOT respond to this challenge… I crawled out of my hole to rise to the occasion. 🙂
    Heidi M recently posted..As If You Didn’t Know…

14. –Pamela,
    I enjoyed reading more about you…
    And I wanted to be Madonna, Too. Still Do! I want one of those pointy bras & that BODY.

Love the questions.
    Thanks for including me.
    I shall answer the quesions in my next blog.

How Fuuuuun. xx
    My Inner Chick recently posted..I’m Not Your Conventional Christian Girl

Ah, the body. She kills me. Such strength, grace, beauty in her amazing 53 year old body. Unfortunately, it looks like it requires a lot of work and self denial 🙂

15. Grace says:

Where the Red Fern Grows. Best book ever.

I came a visiting and was surprised to see myself in print. Loved your responses and love Pamelot, but I ain’t revealing nuthin.

xoxo
    JennyBean recently posted..We interrupt this week’s scheduled post for Best in Show

17. Jer Marie says:

what a nice idea asking your self those question you have written, would like to try writing mine thou and ask myself too!!! and cheerleading is not a sport, but a dancer?? definitely YES!!!