Greetings, blog followers, oh ye loyal and much-loved group. Today I bring tidings from Delhi and Ahmedabad where my fearless husband spent half of January for work. His past trips to India included visits to Mumbai and Jamnagar. He liked both cities this trip better than either of the cities he visited before.

Here are some photos:

Eric’s pictures include some photos of his first class seats, the first class (enormous) potty, and the flower at his seat that started as a bud and bloomed in flight. Also some of the first class lounge in Frankfurt where he left copies of my books. He also passed them out to flight attendants. Oy vey, the uber-marketer never sleeps. His hotel picture, above, is The Taj Palace, where he stayed in Delhi. He said it was fantastic. It should be. He had a butler for God’s sake (it’s been hard breaking him of that little habit since he got home), and five awesome restaurants.The pictures of Indian life are all from Ahmedabad, where he visited Ghandi’s Ashram and walked along the Ganges river.

When I — sometime in the hopefully-not-too-distant future — go with him to India, he wants to take me on a train ride northeast from Delhi where you travel until the tracks stop, then drive three more hours east and walk two more hours to cottages with views of the Western Himalayas. While the Leti cottages are remote and have no power other than solar, they are quite luxurious. Wildlife wanders close to the cottages, including, sometimes, tigers, oh my. Sounds awesome to me. Even more awesome when combined with a village walk and homestays in the Himalayas. Someday, when the kids are all grown.

Lots to look forward to. For now, I’m just glad to have Eric home for a few weeks before he spends most of February in Dallas.

TTFN,

16 Responses to Ahmeda-badda-badda-bing

1. rebeccanolen says:

First class potty’s are also the only place you can change a diaper on the plane. You never know when you will need that info.

Really is a fascinating place (not the potty Rebecca), INDIA. And can’t wait till Pamela and I can explore the far north western region and also Kerela.

But you must admit you have had a tremendous fascination with the potty diversity on your trips, and rhapsodized about the Frankfurt potties with the little automatic cleaning arms…

3. Vidya Sury says:

The Northeast is pure heaven, Eric and Pamela! You must visit Sikkim and Darjeeling. I am desperate to visit it again after we were there briefly! Oh gorgeous.

And then you can come south and cool off ….er….warm up!

Hugs!

P.S. which is the potty picture?

4. Sandy Webb says:

Oh the cottages sound wonderful. You need to go there soon so we can see the pictures!

5. Rhonda Erb says:

The pictures are awesome. If, as a famous author traveling to India, you find yourself in need of some paparazzi to follow you around snapping pictures, I have a pretty awesome camera (two, in fact, and a variety of lenses) that would qualify me, and I’d be more than happy to offer my services. I think it’s important you know this. 🙂

6. I love the cottage picture of the king bed (with that amazing looking cover) in a room that is all windows facing the mountains. Or the dining table room. Or… any room with a view! SO peaceful! A butler. Wow. And LOVE his 1st class seats – luxury! It’s fun living vicariously sometimes!!!

7. Larry Simpson, Sr says:

YOu two belong together, forever! You are great examples of what Love ia all about!

Larry, that was a very nice thing to say. And I agree!
    Vidya it will be so great to meet you someday and see India through your eyes.
    Nan, Hilarious that you noticed the bed cover.
    AND the first class flying was crazy decadent, felt guilty it was so nice.