My puffy-faced husband took our 15-yo daughter and me to College Station, Texas, home of the Fighting Texas Aggies. I am a 19** graduate of Texas A&M, and old Aggies die hard. Or blow hard. Or something.

*Note: my husband is not always puffy-faced. He had just had gum surgery, which probably sounds pretty minor unless you’ve had it, and then you know it is the next worst thing to a brain transplant. Poor Eric!*

Anyhoo, we went to do a Meet-the-Author event for Hastings Entertainment (it went quite well, thank you). Which gave me a fabulous excuse to see old friends, like James and Paula Lancaster, and Stephanie Farinola Anderson. My parents tagged along, and they saw even more old friends, like Russ Hanna, Linda and Russ Harvell, and Debbie Cooper Andrick. We made some new friends, including some who have a place near ours in Nowheresville, and we got to grab a can of Whoop Ass, the energy drink from Jones Soda that we crazy-<3, and that we’ve only seen in Hastings. In fact, we got it for half price, because, sadly, they are discontinuing it.

I only spent a tiny bit more on stuff for me than I did in book sales, so, all in all, it was a great trip “back home” for me and the fam.

We forgot to take pictures, except for a few, and none during the event (it gets kind of hectic). One that is special is awful of me: my mom, my daughter, and me, right before the event. God, I need my roots done. But oh-how-I-love the display Hastings did of Saving Grace, especially the “Hastings Recommends” endcap. You see it in the pictures with the various Hastings employees who were key to the successful event, two of whom bought a copy of my book :-).

I stuck in a picture of the article that ran in the Bryan-College Station Eagle, just for fun. My mother giggled over it because it said we have a ranch in Brenham. Apparently people that have big CATTLE ranches look down their noses at people that have little GOAT ranches, harrumph. She also wanted to point out that our place is not in Brenham. Mom, we follow the KISS principle: Keep it simple, silly. So Brenham it is.

We ended the weekend with an interview on Access Aggieland 104.7. I’m trying to get a copy of the audio file, as I forgot to record it on my iPhone. More ginko biloba might help.

Catch you later,

14 Responses to Ye old stomping grounds.

1. Sandy Webb says:

I am so glad to hear that all things book related are going well for you! Sounds like you had a fun “working” weekend. My big question is what is up with your twitter account?! Have you gone totally BOT?

Nope. I’m on there every single day. I have a feed of my company’s blog and my blog onto it, and I have an auto-feed of random old blogs. They get a lot of RT action. But the real me is there, and chatting. I’ll take a look. Maybe the old blogs are feeding too fast.

It was set to every 4 hours, so I changed it to 12. Maybe the other thing you’re seeing is that I’m RT all the many many people who are entering to win the Kindle Fire HD I’m giving away. They all pretty much post the same tweet. There’s like 9500 entries so far.

2. Eric Huthchins says:

Love the pictures. Especially the one of you and your mom and Sami, as well as the one of you signing. (The end cap is pretty cool too 🙂 ) GO Pamela.

3. Love the pics – your outfit is adorable! I want you to be my stylist — you got that bohemian thing going there, and that is my fav. 😉

We haven’t been there in ages, but Burton is one of my FAVORITE places/memories. There is a Queen Anne home that has been a B & B off and on over the years — I took my little sister there when she was 16 and I was 26, to see the Shakespeare at Winedale performances near Round Top. And AJ and I stayed there shortly after our wedding and then again the next year for our anniversary. The precious couple that owned it sold it, and I don’t think it would be the same. It was called the Knittel House back then — just down the road from the cotton gin. 🙂

4. Vidya Sury says:

Great photos and enjoyed reading about your trip.

Your Mom is so cute!

5. Terri Sonoda says:

Love the pictures! And I loved that display. How exciting that must be! Ya’ll look great. Thanks for sharing.

This is very cool! Great pictures, but I love the display – that just makes it so exciting.

7. Hmmm, I could have sworn I’d posted a comment on this one. Guess I fergetted. Yikes on the gum surgery – hope everything has stopped hurting by now. I am so excited to e-watch you walking in your dream. Yay you!!