As promised last week, here’s the review/feature from the front page of the Lifestyles section of the Lubbock Avalance-Journal, by Bill Kerns: Hutchins writes what she knows; result is Saving Grace. Apparently people listen to Bill because I sold a lot of books to people who came to my event at Hastings because of the article. Actually, it’s a pretty cute piece.
Biggest cool thing this week is a FANTASTIC (pinch me) critical review/feature in this month’s MidWest Bookwatch, a publication of MidWest Book Review. To read it, go to this link and either scroll down or use your browser’s Find or Search function and look for Saving Grace. http://www.midwestbookreview.com/mbw/feb_13.htm#klausner
And here’s more cool places to go and things to read:
- Saving Grace Book Review & Book Giveaway at My Cozie Corner
- Guest Blogging on dialect in dialogue at The Other Side of the Story
- Interview at The Dark Phantom where I talk about what it was like to write Saving Grace, and the decision to go indie
- Guest Blogging (a real life horror story and the inspiration behind Saving Grace) at Lori’s Reading Corner
- Saving Grace Book Feature at My Devotional Thoughts
This weekend I have two events: Barnes & Noble in Round Rock, TX on Saturday and Cowtown Crime Solvers (Ft. Worth, TX chapter of Sisters in Crime) on Sunday. Mom swings into town on Sunday to stay with our two teenagers, as I am off trailing spouse for half the week, then we flip and Eric trails me through the weekend. Ah, the glamorous life, y’all.
Catch you later –