By Pamela Fagan Hutchins

PP02

What do y’all think of my new portrait? It was a selfie I took for Eric at a Seattle airport Starbucks, until digital goddess Heidi Dorey got hold of it!!!

Holy cow, only 4 days until I leave for my 68 day book tour. Our goal is 60 cities, and right now we have booked 44 store events in 44 cities, with 7 more yeses pending written confirmation. Yee ha! This is amazing, given that the stores don’t like to book more than 5 weeks in advance.

Our daughter Marie is doing a fantastic job. She’s booked 1 TV interview, 1 print interview, and 3 radio interviews in the first week alone. Some TV and radio is already booked as far ahead as July, thanks to proactive store community relation managers who arranged it on our behalf (knock me over with a feather). We are reaching out to contacts in a myriad of ways, one event at a time, putting up announcements on community calendars (thanks to my dear friend Stephanie for pinch hitting on this, fabulously), and contacting a multitude of groups, like book clubs, writers , Texas Aggie Former Students, Texas Longhorn alums, attorneys, triathletes, runners, special need parents, libraries, and stepparents. We’ve recruited people to put up posters around town for our events in each city. I’ve created Facebook and Goodreads events. I can’t think of anything else to do to make this a success. Whew!

We are putting the Bookmobile through its last few repairs/checks. I’m packing and staging. Petey got his booster shots. We put together a work list for my kids/employees. I bought a few new inexpensive outfits on ideeli.com. We’re booking our RV campsites, and Google Mapping our routes. Ugh — we’ve got some all-nighter drives, so luckily we have the ability to trade off driving and sleep.

One hitch: I’m driver/assistant/companionless from July 9th in Atlanta through July 12th in Raleigh. Anyone want to join me?????? I can’t begin to convey how hard this will be to pull offΒ  by myself, even for just four events/cities. UPDATE: Position booked πŸ™‚

I think this is really going to happen!!!

You know what the coolest thing is? I’ve had so many of you reach out and offer to let us park the Bookmobile at your homes. Some can’t b/c of their homeowner or zoning restrictions, which I totally get. But I am getting to hang out at Nan’s (http://lbddiaries.com/blog/). I’m parking at my bro and sis-in-law’s new home outside Chattanooga. We’ll park at old friends Danny Johnson in San Fran and Melissa Balaban in LA. How awesome is that?

Now, for the really good news. I’ve sent emails out to all my subscribers and contacts offering free books for those that bring in a printed copy of the email, even one forwarded to them by a friend. So forward those emails to friends and family. There is no purchase required. Our goal is to MOVE BOOKS, not sell books, and to attract happy crowds at each event. Don’t forget to check out the event dates and places here: http://pamelafaganhutchins.com/signings-events/.

I’m so nervous and excited!

Love to all,

16 Responses to Nerves! Excitement!

1. Heidi Dorey says:

LOVE the new portrait! :)~
    I’m so excited about this tour.
    I’m telling you, Oprah’s gonna call you after this.
    It won’t be “Pamela who?” anymore.
    Get ready.

2. Rhonda Erb says:

Is that request for a travel assistant (so to speak) a serious one? πŸ™‚

Are you getting excited? Nervous? Do you even get nervous? πŸ™‚

I’m so excited for you, and rootin’ for ya!

3. ERIC says:

I love that portrait too.

Wow I cannot believe the day is almost here. It is just amazing when I think of all of the incredible # of pieces that have come together to this point.

I am so happy for you it really is going to be great.

4. Tracie says:

I’m so excited for you!! Your schedule looks awesome.

5. The cows and I are waiting for ya with the light on!! My only zoning restrictions are where you can’t walk barefoot… or even in flip flops (ask me how I know).

6. So exciting!! I’ll be seeing you in these parts — I’ve got a child headed off to Spain/Portugual on the 11th and then I’m off to NYC for a few days, but if I can help out prior to all that I’ll let you know!!

Can’t wait to see you!!
      My mom came through and is joining me from Nashville thru Raleigh, so that means she will even be with me in Atlanta!
      Wow Spain/Portugal, that sounds awesome!

7. Vidya Sury says:

So excited for you, Pamela! And your portrait is just fabulous! Take good care of yourself! How I wish I lived on the route!. Sigh. I got nowhere to take my printed copy of the email πŸ˜‰ Kidding! Looking forward to hearing all about the tour! Hugs! Love you!
    Vidya Sury recently posted..Women Of Strength

8. Jeremy Gilmer via Facebook says:

Have a great trip and a successful tour. Very, very cool;)