WINNER OF THE SILVER FALCHION AWARD
Tightly plotted and fast-paced, this romantic whodunnit dives into 80s pop culture, a reclusive religious community, and high stakes politics.
Michele retreats to the country while her teens are away for the summer, to write the memoirs of her elderly neighbor Gidget—a reclusive former Houston art gallery owner—and learn how to be alone in the wake of her husband’s death. But when Gidget dies unexpectedly, she leaves everything to Michele except a bequest to a daughter no one knew existed. Suddenly, Michele's country quiet is shattered, and half of Texas shows up: some to help, some to contest the will, and others to make sure the mystery daughter is never found alive.
>>> See why Pamela's novels have won contest after contest.
- 2016 WINNER USA Best Book Award, Cross Genre Fiction
- 2015 WINNER USA Best Book Award, Cross Genre Fiction
- 2014 USA Best Book Award Finalist, Cross Genre Fiction
- 2014 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Quarter-finalist, Romance
- 2013 USA Best Book Award Finalist, Business: Publishing
- 2012 WINNER of the Houston Writers Guild Ghost Story Contest
- 2012 WINNER USA Best Book Award, Parenting: Divorce
- 2011 WINNER of the Houston Writers Guild Novel Contest, Mainstream
- 2010 WINNER of the Writers League of Texas Manuscript Contest, Romance
>>> Once Upon A Romance calls Hutchins an "up-and-coming powerhouse writer."
>>> The reviews are in, and they're good. Very, very good.
“Immediately hooked." — Terry Sykes-Bradshaw, Author of Sibling Revelry
"Spellbinding." — Jo Bryan, Dry Creek Book Club
"Fast-paced mystery." — Deb Krenzer, Book Reviewer
"Can't put it down." — Cathy Bader, Reader
"LOVED IT!" — Marcy McKay, Author of Pennies From Burger Heaven
>>> Check out the entire What Doesn't Kill You romantic mystery series.
Paperback, hardback, ebook, and audiobook available.