2014 USA Best Book Award Winner, Fiction: Cross Genre
Going for Kona has it all: unforgettable characters, an epic love story, and a page-turning mystery that will keep you guessing until the last page.
When her husband is killed in a hit-and-run bicycling accident, it takes all of Michele Lopez Hanson’s strength not to burrow into their bed for the rest of her life. But their kids need her, and she promised herself she’d do the Kona Ironman Triathlon in Adrian’s honor, and someone seems to be stalking her family, so she slogs through the pain to keep herself on track. Her dangerously delirious training sessions become a link between her and Adrian, and she discovers that if she keeps moving fast enough to fly, she can hold onto her husband—even as she loses her grip on herself and faces her biggest danger yet.
>>> See why Pamela's novels have won contest after contest.
- 2016 WINNER USA Best Book Award, Cross Genre Fiction
- 2015 WINNER USA Best Book Award, Cross Genre Fiction
- 2014 USA Best Book Award Finalist, Cross Genre Fiction
- 2014 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Quarter-finalist, Romance
- 2013 USA Best Book Award Finalist, Business: Publishing
- 2012 WINNER of the Houston Writers Guild Ghost Story Contest
- 2012 WINNER USA Best Book Award, Parenting: Divorce
- 2011 WINNER of the Houston Writers Guild Novel Contest, Mainstream
- 2010 WINNER of the Writers League of Texas Manuscript Contest, Romance
>>> Once Upon A Romance calls Hutchins an "up-and-coming powerhouse writer."
>>> The reviews are in, and they're good. Very, very good.
"Going for Kona is a book you don’t just read. It’s a book you live, word by word, page after page. Even after The End, this book, this story stays with you."– Ridgeley Johnson
"Hooked immediately and couldn't put Going for Kona down." –Terry Sykes-Bradshaw, author of Sibling Revelry
>>> Check out the entire What Doesn't Kill You romantic mystery series.
Paperback, hardback, ebook, and audio versions are available.