2015 WINNER USA Best Book Awards, Cross Genre Fiction
A heartfelt and hilarious mystery from this bestselling and award-winning author of the What Doesn't Kill You romantic mystery series.
When a dead body swan-dives from a balcony into the pool at a wedding, gossip comes to a halt about disgraced paralegal and former rodeo queen Emily—whose husband left her for a woman who turns out to be a man. Enter Jack, a secretive attorney and sexy mix of cowboy and Indian. She refuses to work for him, until she learns about the disappearance of the six-year old daughter of his notorious client Sofia, the wedding shooter, who is also an illegal immigrant. Emily feels a strange affinity with the girl and launches a desperate search for her. Bodies pile up in her wake across Texas and New Mexico as the walls around her own secrets begin to crumble, and the authorities question whether the child is anything but a figment of her imagination.
>>> See why Pamela's novels have won contest after contest.
- 2016 WINNER USA Best Book Award, Cross Genre Fiction
- 2015 WINNER USA Best Book Award, Cross Genre Fiction
- 2014 USA Best Book Award Finalist, Cross Genre Fiction
- 2014 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Quarter-finalist, Romance
- 2013 USA Best Book Award Finalist, Business: Publishing
- 2012 WINNER of the Houston Writers Guild Ghost Story Contest
- 2012 WINNER USA Best Book Award, Parenting: Divorce
- 2011 WINNER of the Houston Writers Guild Novel Contest, Mainstream
- 2010 WINNER of the Writers League of Texas Manuscript Contest, Romance
>>> Once Upon A Romance calls Hutchins an ""up-and-coming powerhouse writer."
If you like Sandra Brown or Janet Evanovich, you will love Pamela Fagan Hutchins.
>>> The reviews are in, and they're good. Very, very good.
“Grabs you by the throat from the get-go for a suspenseful, rollicking ride.” — Ken Oder, author of The Closing
“Full of heart, humor, vivid characters, and suspense. Hutchins has done it again!” — Gay Yellen, author of The Body Business
“Hutchins is a master of tension.” — R.L. Nolen, author of Deadly Thyme
“Intriguing mystery . . . captivating romance.” — Patricia Flaherty Pagan, author of Trail Ways Pilgrims
“In my book . . . the makings of a great novel: cheating husbands, murder, and hot cowboys.” — Melissa Algood, contributing author, Eclectically Criminal
>>> Don't forget to catch the entire What Doesn't Kill You romantic mystery series!
Paperback, hardback, ebook, and audio versions available.