Wow. What a month it has been. The loss of my angelic grandmother, Lura. Eric in the ER/hospital with heart issues. Susanne with a 2nd and even more terrifying anaphylactic reaction. And the death of our beloved Juju kitty. We are ready for a break. On a positive note, we have had Susanne home with us for 10 days while we monitor her and visit doctors, etc., and I love that girl to pieces, so the extra special time with her is a gift. *I will fill you in on Susanne when I have the energy to write on it; right now we are in the thick of things.*
What doesn’t kill us gives us something to write about…
Speaking of writing, here’s the news on that front:
- Wow. Saving Grace shot up to #21 (and climbing) on the Goodreads “Indie Authors Everybody Should Read” List. If you haven’t voted, rated the book, or added it to your “to read” list there, please please please could you do so? Here’s the link: http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/25972.Indie_Authors_Everybody_Should_Read?format=html&page=1
- Are you an Amazon Prime member who owns a Kindle Device? If so, all my books are now part of the free Kindle Lending Library. Check them all out on my Amazon Author Page.
- I ordered the proof copy of SkipJack’s upcoming book, My Dream of Freedom: From Holocaust to My Beloved America, and I can’t wait for it to arrive so we can put it in the hands of lovely author Helen Colin for her 90th birthday. We are blessed.
- The 100 Advance Review copies of Leaving Annalise came in! We’ll mail them out to reviewers next week. I’m over the moon. How much do you love Heidi Dorey’s freakin’ awesome cover????
- I’m hard at work on a new Clark Kent post as well as on three presentations for the annual Houston Writers Guild Conference, where I will do a keynote talk called “What kind of loser indie publishes, and how can I be one too?” and two workshops, one called “Taking My Indie Book From “The End” to “Buy Now”,” (how the hell am I to punctuate that part of this sentence? I give up!) and the other titled, “The Whether, Where and How of Indie Ebook and Print.” April 5th and 6th in Houston, y’all, register here.
- SkipJack Publishing has a new employee, and our house has two new residents! Welcome home to our oldest daughter, Marie, who is stopping through for a few months before law school, and her pooch Brando. Marie will be hard at work putting together the book tour for this summer, and helping launch Leaving Annalise.
- Blog tour ground to a halt this week with this last stop:
Friday, March 26
Book Review at Teena in Toronto
- Last weekend off from book touring for awhile! Carlsbad Caverns here we come, after a quick trip out to feed our kids, pregnant nanny, and billy goat! (Susanne will be in good hands with her dad)
p.s. Who caught that last week I, in shamelessly copying Vidya Sury’s idea about redirecting readers from the vanishing Google Reader to other reading mediums, directed you to sign up for her blog?? 🙂 Well, that’s a pretty darn good idea, I recommend it.
And…may I repeat, if you are used to reading my posts via Google Reader, may I invite you to subscribe to email updates?
Sign up here to get Pamela Fagan Hutchins’ Road to Joy blog posts delivered into your mailbox:
Or if you prefer to stick to a reader, here are some alternatives:
Feedly.com = I like this as it lets you sign in with your Google account and import your Google Reader feeds.