Authors on the Air host and producer extraordinaire Pam Stack had me on her show this week to talk about Maggie, my hunk Eric, and my big, loud, overexposed life. (Thanks for having me on, Pam!) We celebrated the success of LIVE WIRE, toasted the upcoming release of SICK PUPPY, and listened to Petey snore, too.
Y’all, this was a fun chat! Catch the audio HERE.
Authors on the Air host welcomes colleague, best-selling author and fuuny gal Pamela Fagan Hutchins. This is what she told me: I like big butts and I cannot lie: horse butts that is. As in draft cross horses, which I ride with my hunky husband way up in the frozen north of Snowheresville, WY and deep in the heart of Nowheresville, TX. I am a wannabe barrel racer afraid of going fast, an eater of ribeye, and the author of the USA Today bestselling What Doesn’t Kill You world of romantic mysteries.And now, her books: You can read my What Doesn’t Kill You series of novels in any order or as standalones, but they’re a lot of fun if you do them like this:
1. Katie (PG-13): Saving Grace, Leaving Annalise, Finding Harmony
2. Emily (PG-13): Heaven to Betsy Earth to Emily, Hell to Pay
3. Ava (R, sexual situations): Bombshell, Stunner, Knockout
4. Michele (PG-13): Going for Kona, Fighting for Anna, Searching for Dime Box
5. Maggie (R, language): Live Wire, Sick Puppy, Dead Pile (plus shorts Buckle Bunny and Shock Jock)
When I’m not writing or riding, I’m passionate about hiking, always with a couple of rescue dogs (and an occasional goat and donkey), bear spray, a mountain lion knife, and my Judge. NO ANIMALS HAVE BEEN HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS LIFE ADVENTURE (but don’t sneak up on me).
Enjoy! I know I did!
Also this week:
- My interview of Patricia Flaherty Pagan: Tarantulas inspiration? Check. Uptown Funk “her” song? Check. Kick ass flash #fiction contests, publisher of stories abt strong women, brilliant author, insightful editor? Check, check, check, & CHECK. Listen HERE.
- LAST CHANCE! Enter at the link, & then get your LIVE WIRE on b4 SICK PUPPY is here! If you win, you can wear your scarf while you read. Over your shoulders. Around your neck. In your hair. However makes you feel wild and free. Like Maggie. Contest ends April 3. http://ow.ly/mXOD30ocCQu
- LAST CHANCE! Reader Week in Wyoming! I’m picking 6 of you to host at Snowheresville! Enter here: http://bit.ly/PamelaRetreats
- NEARLY LAST CHANCE! Indie Pub retreat: network, learn w/& support each other. April, TX. USA Today bestseller host Pamela Fagan Hutchins. Yes, there is writing-themed wine involved! http://bit.ly/PamelaRetreats